FAQ: DVD Copy
- How can I save and send the log files to your support team?
- Why was my standalone DVD player unable to play burnt disks due to area limitations ?
- Can I copy game DVDs with DVDFab?
- What is ISO file and how can I copy movies to hard drive as ISO files?
- How can I slow down the write speed?
- What does "Error while reading! Please choose what to do? retry, abort, ignore, ignore All" mean and how to fix it ?
- What does the error "Media inserted in Drive X is single layer. Please insert a double layer media to start the write process" mean?
- Can I use "Nero" or "Imgburn" to burn?
- What can I do if I have a new movie that can not copy?
- What should I do if I can not send you the DVD INFO files?
How can I save and send the log files to your support team?
Please open Common Settings window, click on "Diagnosis", make sure that all the log files are enabled (dvdfab_internal.log, dvdfab_burn_vso.log, dvdfab_process.log) before you use DVDFab, if they are not, you won't get the log files saved.
The default location of your logs is:
Win7--C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
XP--C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
Please locate the "DVDFab" folder following that path, and then zip the "log" sub-folder in "DVDFab" folder and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will check where the problem is..
Why was my standalone DVD player unable to play burnt disks due to area limitations ?
Please check which standard (PAL, NTSC or SECAM) your original movie disc is and your standalone DVD player supports. We don't touch the conversion between them now, so the burnt disc still keeps the standard of the original disc. If the standard can not be supported by your standalone DVD player, you will get the "area limitations" notice.
Can I copy game DVDs with DVDFab?
As far as game DVD is mentioned, DVDFab currently only copies game DVDs for PS2. Please use DVDFab DVD Copy - Clone mode to do that. We will support other game DVDs in future.
What is ISO file and how can I copy movies to hard drive as ISO files?
ISO is the image file of the DVD which can be mounted by many virtual drive programs. If you can get ISO read by such programs, you can get it played or ripped like a standard DVD movie. Since it can be stored on your hard disk, as long as you have enough free space on your hard drive, it is very convenient.
You just need to click on the ISO button (beside the folder icon) to choose a target location to copy. Then you will get the ISO file in your save location.
If you can't find the copied ISO files, please open "My Computer"--> click on "Tools" in the upper left, choose "Folder Options", then click on the "View" tab-->Scroll down in the "Advanced Settings" area and cancle the "Hide extensions for known file types" box in it-->Click on "Apply", then you will find the iso files.
How can I slow down the write speed?
Please open "Common Settings" window, click on "Write" in the left navigation bar, choose a lower write speed for your need.
What does "Error while reading! Please choose what to do? retry, abort, ignore, ignore All" mean and how to fix it ?
There should be some files on original movie disc that can't be open or read, in this case, you can try either of the following:
1. Clean this movie disc and your drive tray first, and then insert the disc in to see if DVDFab can read it successully;
2. Go to the retail shop to change the disc for a new one if it is newly purchased;
3. Open "Common Settings" window, click on "Read", select "Ignore all the reading errors automatically", then try again to see the result;
4. Go to "Common Settings/Pathplayer" setting panel, deactivate pathplayer to copy this DVD again to see if this works.
What does the error "Media inserted in Drive X is single layer. Please insert a double layer media to start the write process" mean?
"DVD-5 or DVD-9" refer to different types of disks in capacities. DVD-5 (Single layer) disk usually has around 4.7GB free space, while DVD9 (Double layer) 8.5GB.
1. Please set the Writable Media Size at the bottom of DVDFab main screen. If you have set as "DVD-9", you would be asked a dual-layer disc.
Choose DVD-5, DVDFab will compress the material to make it fit one DVD-5 disc; Choose DVD-9, DVDFab will make a copy with no compression and burn to double/dual layer blank disc.
2. Please set 4300 as Writable media (DVD-5) size in Common Settings/Write window, then recompress your DVD to DVD-5 size for fitting on to a DVD5 blank media.
Can I use "Nero" or "Imgburn" to burn?
Yes, you can. DVDFab offers multiple options on choosing your favorite burning engines, you can make your own configuration at Common Settings->Write->Burning Engine, currently, there are four options available: DVDFab Burning Engine, VSO Burning Engine, Nero Burning ROM, and ImgBurn.
What can I do if I have a new movie that can not copy?
In this case, please do as suggested below:
1. Insert original disc into DVD/Blu-ray drive, run DVDFab to open it.
NOTE: even if DVDFab fails to open the disc, you still can go to step 2.
2. Open "Common Settings -> Info" window, choose the correct DVD/Blu-ray drive, click "Save Info Files" button.
3. ZIP the info files and rename the zipped folder, like Stealth_UK.zip.
4. Send the zip file (Stealth_UK.zip) to us, then we will check where the problem is.
Thanks in advance for your patience.
What should I do if I can not send you the DVD INFO files?
Please specify the a) full title, b) region code, c) country, d) release date and e) the type (HD/Blu-Ray or regular DVD) of the disc that you're having issues with. Then we will check what the problem is. Thanks!